Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Walk in the Park

Saturday I was delivering Rose Tea Jelly to the Rose Garden Shop in Washington Park.
My husband and I decided to stay after the delivery and take our morning walk in the park.
What a beautiful morning! Enjoy the walk with us.
We begin here by the tennis courts. Aren't the flowers pretty?
Down the trail

Through the Rose Garden

The Rose Festival Queens each have a block with their name
and the year of their reign here.

The roses are in full bloom now and beautiful!

We walk past the amphitheater. I once danced on that stage.
When I was 40 years old I was in a performance and danced a Hungarian Folk dance with
a group of women as the mama's with their young daughters. Our heads were encircled with
flowers and ribbons flowing down our backs. It was such fun and one of my dreams
in life was met.
Jim admiring the roses. He definitely is a rose lover.
Stop to smell the roses each day!

1 comment:

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Marilyn. After being in Portland twice since June 07, I must make a point of getting to the Rose Garden on our next visit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can fly up during spring break next year or better yet, find a way to take a long weekend. Of course, I must time it so the roses are blooming.