Monday, October 20, 2008

Autumn Diversion

Autumn is a time for pumpkins and chrysanthemums. This group is on my front porch.
Portland's Japanese Garden in the Autumn

The Japanese Gardens were celebrating the Festival of the Chrysanthemum this weekend.

It was the perfect crisp day to visit the colours of autumn this past Saturday.
Chrysanthemum's are so beautiful this time of year. We can see them everywhere.
I have vivid memories of traveling through the northeastern part of the U.S. several
years ago and seeing them at every farm stand along the roads.
My autumn diversion was a walk through the gardens with my camera.
Today it is cloudy and the leaves are falling like rain; so I am
happy I took the autumn diversion. The leaves will soon be gone and we
will be traveling through winter. Take joy in the autumn colours.
Tomorrow we will return to travels through Europe.

2 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh Marilyn! I soooo want to be there. I'm yearning for another Portland trip, especially now that Quanah is working again. Oh the joy. Perhaps February. I'm daydreaming but hey, that is what my blog is all about.

By the way, I don't think I ever commented (quelle un SHOCK) but I loved traveling with you through Europe as I viewed your photos.

La Tea Dah said...

I would love to see the Japanese Gardens in the autumn --- they must be very beautiful right now. I enjoyed your additional travel photos as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the with us.

LaTeaDah