Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gondola Ride in Venice

Welcome to Venice and the busy canals. They were full of gondolas.
Our gondolier was a bit grumpy. Can you imagine, he wouldn't even smile or sing. I took his unhappy face in a picture; but it doesn't make my heart sing, so I won't share it.
Oh well, we had a good time anyway.
Along the canal we loved seeing the painted posts. Another colour to add to our memories of our trip to Europe.

The Grand Canal from the gondola.
Now wouldn't that be a lovely place to stop and sip your tea. I thought so.

Just for fun, you can see Jim and myself from the gondola. Smiles were part of the day and we loved Venice. Now onto the next stop tomorrow, Barcelona. I hope you are not getting bored, but this is the easiest way for me to share our trip. We will get back to life somtime next week.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

What fun! Bored?? No... no... keep sharing your photos and your stories - it's the next best way to travel!
Nancy

Alice said...

I love sharing your trip--more, please!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Venice wonderful!! I loved everything about it. I am so enjoying your sharing, Marilyn. It is allowing me to refreshen so many memories of my time in Italy last year. Thank you.

La Tea Dah said...

You two look great! Very happy and having such a wonderful time. I too love that teapot and wish you could have brought it home with you. But you know, I've been learning that photos of lovely things can sometimes be nearly as satisfying --- I'm glad you got the photo to preserve the memory. I'm enjoying your trip via pictures. Thank you!

LaTeaDah