Friday, January 9, 2009

Peace


The Peace Rose
My heart is heavy this week.
The people of Palestine and Israel are hurting.
Please send a prayer for peace their way.
There are better ways to resolve differences then by killing and violence.
This rose is only a symbol, but one we can focus on
and pray for hearts to be softened.
In the book Three Cups of Tea they talked about helping people to improve their lives will also bring peace.
"We must learn to live together as brothers (and sisters) or perish together as fools."
~Martin Luther King Jr.

8 comments:

paris parfait said...

Amen, my friend. Amen!

paris parfait said...

P.S. I left a comment on your other post - this wasn't up yet. You won my giveaway! Please email your mailing address. Merci bien!

Laurie said...

My heart cries for those poor children, the pain in their eyes is unbearable. All are in my prayers.
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. Thank you for caring and for asking us to care.

Anonymous said...

My heartfelt prayers are added to yours!

Christina said...

Thank you for this lovely post. I agree with all you have so beautifully written.

Annie Jeffries said...

My prayers join with yours and I've posted a prayer for peace on my sidebar.

I was at Goodwill yesterday and found a pretty book about tea entitled The Twelve Days of Christmas Tea. Have you seen it?

Marilyn Miller said...

Is it the Twelve Teas of Christmas? If so, I have that one. A friend that visits me here has been celebrating the Twelve Teas of Christmas and it has been fun following along with each of her twelve teas throughout the holidays.