Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Oregon Garden

Welcome to The Oregon Garden in winter.
Take a walk with me.

There is some color here. The children's garden within the garden has fun topiaries.

And flower pots used in an unusual way.

The reflection pool showing the stark winter garden.

The Oregon Garden, in Silverton, Oregon, was opened to the public about 8 or 9 years ago.
It was developed by the nurserymen of Oregon to showcase
Oregon plants and trees. I hadn't been there since it first opened up.
Even in winter it was a pleasant walk; so peaceful and inviting.
There were daffodils beginning to show there green leaves coming out of the ground.
Soon life will return to the gardens.
Now I look forward to visiting again in the spring or summer.

If you travel to Oregon, The Oregon Garden's are a best kept secret that are worth visiting.


3 comments:

Laurie said...

I would some day love to go west, and visit all the beauty that it has to offer. And this would be a highlight! Thanks for sharing,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I love the Portland Rose Gardens, and this is just as delightful. When I'm back in the Northwest I will for sure be stopping at this great garden.

La Tea Dah said...

How beautiful! I would love to visit --- I've never been to this garden. The potted people are SO cute! What a lovely winter walk. Thank you for taking us along.

LaTeaDah