Monday, May 18, 2009

Lin's Ceramic Studio

This is Lin's Ceramic Studio shop in Taipei, Taiwan. I would love to visit there someday.
At the World Tea Expo I purchased two tea sets from Lin's Ceramic Studio of Taiwan. The first set was a beautiful black ceramic set. It is very similar to the set a friend sent me last year as a gift. Each piece feels so smooth in the hands and the teapot and pouring pot pour so nicely.

The teapot sits in a dish; so you can pour hot water over the teapot to warm it.



The second set is porcelain and has a pretty lily on the side. It also feels nice in the hands and pours so neatly.


Posted by Picasa

Each set has 6 cups and the teapots have strainers in the pot to keep the tea leaves from coming through the spout. If you have never used an Asian small teaset, they are great for sharing small sips of tea with friends and quite the conversation pieces when you pull out a small teaset from your bag. You just put the loose leaves into the teapot, filling about 1/3 full of leaves, steep for the desired amount of time, pour into the pouring pot, then serve. Using the pouring pot allows for everyone tasting to taste the same exact taste. I use these sets primarily for oolong teas, but have steep a green tea also in them. If using a black tea, I would adjust the amount of tea placed in the teapot.
Visit their website to see more beautiful teapots and accessories: http://www.aurlia.com.tw/

4 comments:

parTea lady said...

Your tea sets are beautiful. Thanks for the lovely photos and the link.

Angela McRae said...

These are lovely, and I enjoyed hearing how you use these sets!

Gill said...

I love anything tea, Marilyn.
Still scoffing the chai apple butter!
I plan to order some for a friend too, I love it THAT MUCH.
Hey, it's important that the pot pours neatly, isn't it?
xo
Love Gillian xo

Gayle@Mountain Moma said...

So pretty, I am a sucker for anything tea. I will have to check the web site out.