Friday, November 13, 2009

Tea in the Garden




This is crazy, but we left Provence a day early.
It wasn't planned and we didn't realize it until we
were almost to Carccassone, France and we didn't
have reservations until the next night.
We went on to the B & B we had reserved for the
next night and she had one room left (out of only five rooms). The room was on the first floor and our lovely hostess said to get settled in the room, open the french doors, and she would bring us tea in the garden. What a welcoming garden it was. It was full of beautiful flowers and grapes ready to pick hanging over the trellis by the breakfast room. It was like sitting in the Secret Garden. It was an amazing serendipity to our travels.
By the way for the tea drinkers, the smaller teapot was for extra hot water to make more tea. And isn't that a pretty print on the teaware, it was from Scotland.
Have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

Rosemary said...

Tea in the garden... what a special treat! So unexpected, yet perfect.
Nancy

beth said...

I'm such a huge tea drinker and if someone offered to bring me tea...in the garden....oh lord, I'd probably think I'd died and gone to heaven....how fabulous !!!

Adrienne said...

What a wonderful treat! And such an unplanned surprise. Makes we want to create a little spot like that so I can enjoy tea in my garden! ~Adrienne~

parTea lady said...

What a thoughful hostess - she must have read your mind. What a lovely place to enjoy your tea.

christina said...

the secret garden~ bliss.
xo

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oh, this is so special! What a lovely setting!

Did you take pictures of your bread cornucopia? How unique!

Katherine

Mary said...

Glad you were able to get a room and the pretty garden was a wonderful extra! Hope you tell us about Carcassonne - you were just 20 mins. from my brother's village, and where my niece goes to school!

See you at Mmm's Christmas Tea - such fun. I'm planning my warm outfit, what to bake, and choosing a special tea to bring along to Aspen!!!

Jeanne said...

Tea in the garden how lovely indeed.
Love you
Jeanne♥

Teresa's New Life said...

I love the teaware! My mother in law has a full dinner service of this pattern! It was her mother in laws who's family is from Scotland. (I thought she was Irish all this time until my DH corrected me this past week. She was Scottish her husband was Irish.)
Anyway, they are lovely pictures.

Laura Schaefer said...

These photos are beautiful. I think the last one would look particularly nice in my kitchen. :) Thanks for sharing your heavenly tea experience!

Cathy said...

Tea in a lovely garden in Carccassone...you must have been in heaven.

Marlena said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures and commentary!

Steph said...

Wow - I think it was good fortune that had you leave early!

Michael said...

what an incredible place. I know I would have loved it.

Can i take your photo here for future post, btw? it's so romantic and ideal.

Bev C said...

Marilyn,this sounds so perfect. You were indeed very lucky to get a room and sounds like you had a fine time. The garden sounds beautiful. Happy days.

Merisi said...

What beautiful ending to a story that could have gone awry! The tea setting looks lovely, as does the china.