Friday, April 9, 2010

Murchie's Tea Shop

 
Step into Murchie's and enjoy the sights and smells of an English tea shop.
The tea bar was to the left.  I had such fun picking out a few special teas to bring home.
The one I am enjoying right now is Magnolia Oolong, just lovely.
This teapot might be a little heavy to serve from, but a real conversation piece.
Isn't there something so beautiful in shapes?
A very stylized teapot.

What fun to see the Granny's having tea.
Why they were famous, I do not know.
Murchie's is a very old English tea shop in Victoria BC and so fun to browse.
 Any tea lover would certainly leave this shop with something in a bag.

11 comments:

Steph said...

I've been to Murchie's once in Vancouver, and it was lovely. Blend No 22 is one of my all-time faves. I'm looking forward to being closer!

Mark said...

An intriguing place, thanks for sharing.

Britt-Arnhild said...

I'm coming over to enjoy tea with you :-=

Dinners and Dreams said...

Lovely vintage tea houses are amazing. We have a couple in a nearby small town and I love going there.

Jeanne said...

How fabulous indeed
I bought that book you recommended today
Cannot wait to begin to read it
Love Jeanne♥

Tracy said...

Oh, this place is wonderful...a mini tea heaven! I can almost smell that special scent of so many teas gathered in one place...mmm... Happy Weekend, Marilyn :o) ((HUGS))

Lois said...

Hi Marilyn!
It certainly does look like an interesting place to visit.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week.
Lois

PS I still havent't made a cup of tea from the tbag you sent me. I am still not 100% from that bug I had caught. I want to be completely over it before I sit down with a good book and that tea.

Duchess of Tea said...

Never been to Murchie's and never had Magnolia Oolong. I will add drinbgking Magnolia oolong tea at Murchie's to my list of 100 things to do and see before I die. And darling as to the answer to your question, I do take some of the photos, actually I should say my cousin who is a professional photographer takes them and some are just given to me by her. She calls them the rejects from her jobs, I call them treasures.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Angela McRae said...

Oh wow, that would have been a fun place to visit!

paris parfait said...

Looks like a lovely place to have tea. And I love the different shapes in teapots!

Dutchbaby said...

I love Murchie's!! I still have a beautiful Chinoise tea tin from when I visited over thirty years ago. I keep my loose-leaf peppermint tea in it.

The shape of that teapot is pure poetry!