Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Join me for Jasmine Tea


My Dream House

Sometimes I build upon a hill
A little house of dreams,
With latticed windows, oaken floors
And old, old, smoky beams.

I furnish it from pewter bowls
And yellow handled broom,
To a chest of cherry wood
In the livingroom.

Its shakes are weathered silver-gray;
Its eaves are wide and low;
At dusk a copper kettle sings
And there is candle glow.

Then as I draw the jasmine tea,
It is your hand that knocks
On the blue door in its frame
Of crimson hollyhocks.

by Ethel Romig Fuller in the Kitchen Sonnets

Come join me for a cup of jasmine tea,
I will be waiting for your knock.
 The cup, why it will be a special one
just found for you to share.

10 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Marilyn, right now, I wish I could join you for a cup of tea and a chat. Hope you are having a good day. Thanks for the boost.

Steph said...

Can I use *that* cup? It's lovely!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOVely dream house. And that tea cup is beautiful! I'd love to join you!

Sheila said...

My kind of cttage with my kind of tea. lovely post Marilyn. Gorgeous tea cup...!

Angela McRae said...

Lovely teacup and a lovely sentiment! (I don't think I have any teacups that fancy, but I certainly aspire to! Maybe I'll hit the right estate sale one day, ha!)

Donna said...

Hi Marilyn...I just found your blog while visiting Sheila. I love the poem ~ what a perfect cottage. Lovely tea cup too!

Donna

Grandma Sue said...

Beautiful thoughts, Marilyn.

christina said...

this is so very beautiful. i have a tea cup like this... makes me miss you more.
xo

Marilyn Miller said...

Christina and I communicated offline and found out we bought our matching teacups at the very same shop. Now isn't that amazing? I will definitely enjoy it more for knowing a friend is sipping out of the same teacup.

Tracy said...

Thank you so much, Marilyn... I am so happy to join you in a cup of warm JOY! Jasmine tea... my favorite! ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))