Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Reflections and Peace


A place of peace, a time for reflection and serenity.
The entrance to the Japanese Tea Gardens in San Francisco.
The place where I had dreamed of spending some quiet time on my journey.

Stepping into the morning light I first spotted the tea house sitting among the trees.
Yes, a small pot of Sencha Green tea was enjoyed here.

The walk was a precious time for me.
There were few people there in the early morning.

A time for reflection.

A time to remember past visits here.
The first time I visited here was with my grandmother, oh so long ago.
The gardens have grown up and blossomed in their beauty since then.
 
The morning light was pure delight!
The time alone was precious!

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen
~Reinhold Niebuhr

Note:  Double click on any photo to see more clearly.

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

Very beautiful... the tranquility and serenity abound... thank you for sharing.

La Tea Dah said...

So beautiful --- tranquil --- and serene. A perfect tea experience. A blessed experience for you --- and place where you could "be" in the moment and enjoy.

Jeanie said...

These are absolutely beautiful. And believe me, this touch of color in our white, blowy world, is such a gift.

Thanks for putting the words of the serenity prayer here. It's something I've been trying to remember for a few days and today I was planning to google it. Guess I needed it today and you knew!

Linda P said...

The Japanese garden is beautiful and a special place to return to and spend time
enjoying the tranquility.

Laurie said...

What a beautiful place Marilyn, so tranquil. I would find it hard to leave.

South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild said...

It's been a few years since I've been to the Japanese Tea Garden and Golden Gate Park, but it looks like it hasn't changed much, if at all. So beautiful!

parenting articles said...

looks like a very relaxing place

Elizabeth said...

The tea garden is peace and beauty personified!

Adrienne said...

What a special place for you to have some time alone! Memories of your grandmother being there with you must have been very special.
~Adrienne~

Annie Jeffries said...

Lovely, as usual. You always find the best places.