Friday, July 12, 2013

Frayed along the Edges

 
When I saw this rose I thought of beauty.
Not the sort of beauty of perfection,
but the beauty of a life well lived.
There is a softness not seen by perfection.
It is touched by the sun and a time well spent.
It shines in it's beauty,
yet frayed around the edges.
It shows it's dignity and still it shines.
I am so glad I noticed this rose
for it signifies to me that we can still shine in beauty
for a life well spent.

Note:  I don't usually post on the weekend, but tomorrow there will be an extra post.
Come by for a visit with your cup of tea in hand.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love "touched by the sun and time well spent." I hope I am, too!

It's lovely, Marilyn!

koralee said...

What a beautiful image of such a lovely rose...Hope your Summer is going well my friend. xo

beth said...

frayed around the edges is how i am tonight.....hoping to be all stitched up tomorrow. couples shouldn't have disagreements :(

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting such a lovely tea! Most delicious and I must say, I've never eaten cake served upon a mushroom table before! :-)

~ Deb

Flora Cruft said...

What an enchanting mad tea party! The cakes look amazing, and the place is magical.

Do come visit my tea party: www.idlebakes.blogspot.co.uk

I look forward to serving you a home made rose macaron or two at my party!

Lynda Shoup said...

Thanks for inviting me to your tea party. I am slowly making my way through the list of Mad Party Participants. It looks like you had a lovely party. Love the way you put it all together.

Angela McRae said...

I see this as a "Shabby Chic" rose, one that is frayed and yet still has much character!

Mary said...

I just adore this photo of the shabby rose - and being pink it makes me want to go shopping for new shabby chic linens for the Summer bed!

Portland's roses were magnificent.
Love and hugs, Mary