Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Swain Woods - Part 2


 


As I ventured there more often I began to hear their song and there thanksgiving for the nests I left for them.  They sang songs of JOY, they laughed with a thrill that came from deep inside of them.  Their footsteps softly threaded there, but still the light step would sometimes make a twig snap or a flower sway.  Fairies were there, oh yes they were.  And we began to dance on that spongy ground and twirl in the quiver of the soft streams of light shining through the branches of the tall trees.  And my heart was happy.

On one day in the distant past I met Violet, at least that was the name I called her as she wore a skirt of purple, shaped with tiny petals.  She was more beautiful than anyone I had ever seen.  Her long chestnut hair flowed around her shoulders and she wore a crown of flowers across her forehead and circling her head.  A stream of light would shine through the branches and she would dance.  Sometimes she tiptoed oh so softly carrying with her cups made from acorn cups filled with the sweet nectar made from the violets and pine needles, a tea I will always remember, an elixir I am sure.  We would tuck into a cave under the fallen trees and sip as we shared stories of another day, another world just out of sight.  Her stories were a delight, full of intrigue, romance, and laughter.

Part 3 coming soon.

12 comments:

Laurie said...

This is so good Marilyn, have you ever thought of having your stories published?

Marilyn said...

Such a beautiful place to visit.♥♫

Jeanie said...

How I love violet the fairy -- I love the idea of a tea-drinking fairy, sitting down and sharing stories of another time!

Can't wait for part three!

Tessa~ said...

Beautiful... Beautiful... Beautiful... What a lovely post, both in photos and words.

Tessa
(Who does not have a working blog, at the moment... But who wanted to comment my appreciation, of yours.)

Jeanne said...

I am enchanted by your stories
Much love always

Jeanne

Sylvia said...

oh so glad you posted another page, love the story of Violet, waiting impatiently for the next page. Got me thinking what's going to happen next in this jouney into the woods.

Angela McRae said...

How beautiful! I can practically smell and feel the mossy green carpet there!

Steph said...

Violet is so real to me! I have a poem I wrote a long time ago about fairies and tea. I'll have to share it with you.

Tracy said...

"And my heart was happy"... And my own heart is happy reading your WONDERFUL story, Marilyn! You have a gift for expression, place & magic. :o) ((HUGS))

Linda P said...

You should share your stories and pictures with children for they would love them.

Mary said...

Ummmm - real fairy tea, it had to be delicious!

Enchanting story - but I'm not surprised at all because you are such a romantic, creative lady!

Love and hugs - Mary

paris parfait said...

Sweet story, Marilyn - enhanced by your photos, as well!