Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Savor


Savor

 I am asked why do I use this word, SAVOR.
What does it mean?
Is it something good to know and use?
Yes, those questions sit unsaid,
but I see them in your eyes.

Savor is a word so dear.

It tells me exactly how the warmth feels in my hands holding
a cup of warm tea in a fine china cup.
It tells me of the joys of God's creation as I sit in the
early morning hour and watch the sun rise.
It tells me of the feelings I have when I wrap
myself in mother's warm embrace,
or feel the sticky juice from a freshly picked peach as it runs down my chin,
or walk hand in hand slowly through a snowy day.

Savor is a good word, a word that creates
so many images of JOY.

~m.miller

10 comments:

Jeanie said...

I can't remember but I THINK "savor" was my 2012 word. And yes, you said it well. To me, it is all you said and more -- it is being fully aware of every moment -- not just loving it, but feeling it within -- and yes, joy and/or profound peace and wellbeing of emotion are part of the package. You savor! I will, too!

Linda P said...

My dear mother always used to say 'savour the flavour' which is not just about slowly enjoying one's food or drink, but about taking the time to appreciate the present moment.

Mary said...

Beautiful collage Marilyn.

I did rescue one peach before putting them in that cake - I definitely savored it as it was a chin dripping one from North Carolina - really sticky, juicy and tasty.

Hugs - Mary

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful thoughts, Marilyn, and so well put. I also enjoyed your photos. The flowers are beautiful. They have the "August" look of late summer.

Unknown said...

I agree, a great word it is. Powerful, deep. To savor something...thats special.

Ruthie Miller said...

Dear Marilyn,
I really like that. Good thoughts. I love words. Good one!
Ruthie from Lady B's Time for Tea

Tessa~ said...

Lovely poem...

Containing lovely ideas and thoughts...

How we all need to learn to (at least try to) savor each of our moments.

Wishing you many such moments to savour today. (I like to add that extra "u"... -smile-)

paris parfait said...

Lovely flowers and phrases to match!

Tracy said...

This is VERY lovely, Marilyn! You express the wonder of this word, and it's experience so well. savor... i JUST love this word. The very word invites us to slow down, I think. It invites us to see the extraordinary in the "ordinary". :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I love this! I like that word "savor" too, possibly because it's another of those nice "slow" words in a "fast" world!