Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tea Gathering Sunday

Once a month or more the Wu-Wo Tea Ceremony group meets for tea.
On the past Sunday afternoon we met on the lawn at the Hillsboro Public Library.
Normally I take a book of readings to share at the end of tea time.
This time the book was forgotten at home.
So............
While I waited for the group to arrive I wrote my first haiku.

Thanks, David for the inspiration.
Thanks, Stephanie for the photo.
Thanks, group for listening to my first attempt.

Good library tea time
Cloudy skies do belie us
Today friends do share.

It was a lovely afternoon of tea.

13 comments:

Ana said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing, Marilyn.

Robin said...

Beautiful 1st Haiku! Brava! Love that photo - where we can see you composing!

Hugs,

♥ Robin ♥

Gail said...

Lovely Haiku! And a beautiful way to enjoy a summer Sunday afternoon.
Love Gail
peace....

Jeanie said...

Looks like a great group and your haiku is just right!

Adrienne said...

Perfect! Your haiku and tea with the group!
~Adrienne~

Steph said...

It was a lovely day!

Balisha said...



Summer afternoon..
Drinking tea with poetry..
Life is beautiful.

Loved your first Haiku.
Balisha









Lorrie said...

Tea on the lawn, with poetry. What can be better than that?

Mary said...

That's a great Haiku - and it looks like you were relaxing perfectly at the library park.

I just had a cuppa with Bob - made a peach and blueberry cake and a small slice was perfect on this much cooler and almost sunless day.

Love, Mary

Rosemary said...

This lovely gathering fondly reminds me of the Wu Wo Ceremony you and Steph shared in Ohio. Wonderful!

paris parfait said...

A tea ceremony is a wonderful ritual - how delightful that you meet to share this joy! Lovely haiku, too!

Angela McRae said...

Good for you for writing and sharing your first haiku!

Unknown said...

This is a little late, but... Great work!! I'm so pleased my little project helped inspire you. If you had fun with this one, I hope you keep it up!