Friday, January 31, 2014

Today in the Garden

 Crocus in the lawn.
By Valentine's they will be fully blooming,
a large heart in the front of our house.
Ana Hummingbird from my breakfast window.
There are two that have kept a regular schedule at the feeder this Winter.
 Hellebores under the big tree.
Star Magnolia buds hanging by the Garden House.

My garden today is beginning to bloom.
Though the weather is drippy,
they can't wait a minute longer.
Sadly for many of you the wait will be long.
So today I share the blooms in my garden,
the signs of HOPE and new life to come.

I hope you are warm and dreaming sweet dreams.
Happy weekend to each of you.
My recommendation for Winter survival is to:
1) Fill your heart with dreams of flowers.
2) Head to the market and find an inexpensive bouquet.
Even if you don't buy, just stand in the flower department and smile.
3) Savor each hug.
4) Sit by the fire.
5) Make a lovely cup of warm tea.
6) Dance in the Kitchen.

What would you add to the list?
What keeps your heart happy in the darkness of Winter?

8 comments:

Patty Rumaker said...

I too am dreaming of flowers. I am so very ready for Spring - so much more than in past years. Come on Spring!
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

paris parfait said...

So pretty! We have crocuses blooming in our back yard, due to unseasonably warm weather lately. This week it's turned fiercely cold and the canal is frozen, meaning the swans couldn't stop by for their feeding. :)

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Marilyn. Loved my visit here today as I haven't been around for a while. We are so busy as we travel, settle and work here in MO, and then travel again (end of March). Life is good and seeing your flowers and birds makes it even better.

Pearl Maple said...

How beautiful to be blessed with an early spring, the flowers are lovely. Sorry to hear of your recent loss.

Jeanie said...

NOt much is doing it for me in the happiness department these days. Even baking has its downside when I get on the scale... I'm so glad your spring is beginning to show signs -- at least it is somewhere!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I love candles all the time but most especially in winter - so I have them here, there and everywhere!
Baking and cooking comfort food like nourishing soups and healthy muffins - oh and apple crumble of course!
Spring will find her way to you very soon!

Steph said...

Joy! Love the treasure hunt for blooms.

Angela McRae said...

My only addition would be, "Read a garden book or magazine and dream while you enjoy a cup of tea!" I'm encouraged to see that spring is springing up in your part of the country. Sigh ...