Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday's Quotes

November

Today I saw a butterfly--
And with what sweet unreason
Seemed such loveliness a-wing
This frosty season.

There were no honey goblets
To which it might have come;
Not even one blue aster cup,
Not one chrysanthemum.

I saw a butterfly today--
How wan its flight, how slow!--
A last white butterfly, or else
A first soft flake of snow.

Kitchen Sonnets
by
Ethel Romig Fuller


Welcome to November!
There still are chrysanthemums in my garden.
Haven't seen a white butterfly,
but watch the hummingbird visiting nearby.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Pretty flowers. Hope you are having a nice day.

Angela McRae said...

Beautiful photo AND poem!

paris parfait said...

A lovely sight to brighten our day. Thanks!

Jeanie said...

I love this! Indeed, we have had our first flake of snow (on Halloween, no less). I'd rather have butterflies!