Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Assam and Daffodils to Delight


Now this is a black tea.
Mankota Exotic Assam
I often find Assam teas to be a bit strong,
so I decided to brew this new sample just as the package recommended.
The water was brought to a boil, then steeped 4 minutes.
I found it to be a nice bold morning tea,
not to astringent, but just right.
It would have been quite lovely with a splash of milk,
but I like my teas straight.
The full body and nice black tea flavor were a special start to my morning.
You can find this tea and many other delicious teas at www.goldentipstea.com

For those of you curious about the cup, it is Johnson Bros, The Old Mill, Made in England.
The vase holding the daffodils from my garden was given to my mother on her wedding day.
It is Red Wing, USA.
The daffodils are from my garden.  How I am enjoying them along with sipping my delicious tea.

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

I like a black tea, I take honey in mine and no milk.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

I enjoy Assam teas on cold mornings and like you drink it straight. They can be bold teas. Your vase certainly carries special memories.

Jeanie said...

I love Johnson Bros. china. There is something about the intricacies of the design that makes my heart sing.

Bernideen said...

I love that pattern as I used some pieces at Thanksgiving. It is very nostalgic. Your daffodils art fabulous!

Lorrie said...

You are so knowledgeable about tea. I've never tried an Assam, but it sounds delightful! Lovely daffodils.

Time Traveling in Costume said...

Sounds like a very nice Assam, which I love the deep flavor of.
Val

Steph said...

It's a little sad for me to think the daffodils are already almost over out here!

Rosemary said...

Oh - I just reviewed this Assam today! I enjoyed its bold hearty flavor, although I brewed mine a little longer (5 min.) and pulled out a bit more astringency. I did enjoy it.