Thursday, June 4, 2015

French Crepes


When my children were growing up we occasionally had short term
exchange students come to stay with us.
One summer we had a 14 year old boy from France.
He made crepes for us and left us with the recipe we use still today.
 I am particularly drawn to making crepes wrapped around ricotta or 
cream cheese when strawberries are in season.
Here is the recipe Stephane share with us.
Enjoy!

French Crepes

6 eggs
3 tablespoons cooking oil
400 ml flour
small teaspoon salt
1/2 litre milk
1/4 litre water

Mix and rest for a few hours.
Melt a little butter in a crepe or fry pan,
when warm add a couple large tablespoons
and cook until done on both sides.

OK, now my mouth is watering for this deliciousness.

PS: This is the last day to sign up for the wonderful give away 
mentioned last Friday.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

These look awesome Marilyn, I can taste them just looking at the picture! I need to know though, what the metric measurements are.

Angela McRae said...

Mmm! My husband made pancakes for supper (for himself; I didn't care for any) but seeing the thin bit of batter left on the griddle made me hanker for crepes!

Rosemary said...

Just the other day Angelica said she would like some crepes! Yours look beautiful.... and tasty!

Laura Morrigan said...

Yumyumyumyumyum!