Friday, August 14, 2015

Plums from the Garden

 Up the ladder I go.
 The plum tree is loaded this year.
 Not sure what I will do with all of them.
 Plum chutney was made just yesterday.
It is a new recipe, so I won't share until I know it is good.
The chutney recipe says to let it age for a month.
Today the dehydrator will be loaded to make prunes.
Oh the delights of harvest time.
Soon I will be totally buried in plums.
Then tomatoes are coming,
but many of those I have been putting out for neighbors.
Maybe the plums will go there too, that is if I run
out of ideas.
There is still a plum tart and plum jam to make,
plus we can always use alot of prunes.
How much fun it is to be able to pick from our garden.

Happy weekend, dear friends.

12 comments:

Deb said...

Plum chutney sounds wonderful. This year everything seems to be doing well in the gardens. Deb

Laurie said...

My mouth is watering just looking at them Marilyn, I can literally taste them. I think I need to plant a plum tree!

Laurie said...

My mouth is watering just looking at them Marilyn, I can literally taste them. I think I need to plant a plum tree!

psychelyn said...

Oh I love plums. We don't have much of plum this year but apples are overflowing.

Harvesting is such a pleasure!

Linda Jennings said...

Oh my! Beautiful! Austin would love to see your plum tree!

Lorrie said...

How wonderful! Our plum tree did nothing this year, but we did have a lot of apricots and there are apples galore. I hope your plum chutney is yummy!

Lady Linda said...

I love chutney! I will be waiting to see if you like your creation and hope you post the recipe.
Your garden must be lovely. I enjoy your posts so very much.
Has it been difficult this summer with the hot weather?

Jeanie said...

Can't believe you have PLUMS! Wow -- I'll bet the end product is delicious!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Wow, you have a lot of fruits to harvest and then recipes to come up with! The blue plums are a favourite and I hope the chutney turns out to be good.

KathyB. said...

This reminded me of my tea by the sea with my husband on Cannon Beach. We packed a teapot, Liberty Blue teacups, sandwiches, books to read, and had a sweet time together. I love your 'Tea By The Sea '.

Mary said...

They are amazing looking plums and I wish we could do some swapping here, if only we were close by - I'll give you figs and you share your plums, haha!
Bet the chutney will be delicious - taste test soon and let us know.
Love the pic of the ladder up the tree - you and J just be careful climbing.
Mary x

Rosemary said...

Can't wait to hear how the plum chutney turned out. Hard to wait a month!