Thursday, October 22, 2015

Chairs and a Nursery

Walking into this nursery in Sutter Creek, California my heart just sang.
Out came my camera for I had to photograph those chairs.
I am not sure what it is that makes my heart sing, but I love chairs,
I love nature in the outdoors, don't you just love that ladder with the pots on each step?
Ohhhhh and that peeling paint on the picket fence?
A birdbath, ladder, and flowers do delight.
Even the peace sign on the door makes me smile.
A blue chair makes me swoon.
How I would love tucking that in my garden.
Or maybe this chair with a flower pot sitting right under my tree.
That old stove and clay pots, oh I am in heaven here.
When out and about what makes you smile, swoon, and your heart sing with JOY?

Notice what you notice!

7 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I have a 'thing' for chairs too Marilyn!
I'm a garden centre-a-holiday if there's such a thing!
I love to pop into my two local ones on a regular basis just to see what's new - occasionally I come out without purchasing!
These are both chain stores, the best ones started by an avid gardener are always more interesting but sadly they seem to get bought out.
Shane

La Tea Dah said...

The last picture with the chair and old stove reminds me of a place that makes my heart sing. It is a ghost town called Pierce, AZ. There is a quaint antique shop with a stove and chair like this on the covered patio. Very similar scene, but with cacti instead of growing greens. Love it!

Lady Prism Living said...

Weee"yessss.....I would have done the same thing too! It's quite the happiness to discover spots of pretty!

Jeanie said...

Those metal chairs remind me of my neighbors beach chair and the blue one of a chair in my up-north bedroom. It's a charming place. Yes, my camera would have been out, too!

Laura said...

Everything about those photos makes me smile! I wonder if I could just move it all into my little patio garden? :-)
blessings
~*~

Angela McRae said...

Oh, yes, I could just see you with this blue chair in your garden. It would so suit you!

Laura Morrigan said...

What a lovely, peaceful garden!