Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Plum Deluxe

Portland Rose City Chai, isn't it gorgeous?
Side by side tasting.  How fun to taste these special blends
from PlumDeluxe.com.
There were 4 different teas in my mailbox when I returned
from a recent adventure.
Each was so beautiful with flowers and tea together
in the filter and then to enjoy the scent and flavors so artfully put together.

Portland Rose City Chai
"Sip a bit of Oregon in your cuppa"
The fragrance was a delight, very smooth flavor.
It was good, but a surprise chai with rose petals, almond rooibos,
cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, lemongrass, blackberry essence,
Love, Gratitude.

Oregon Breakfast Black Tea
"Like a beautiful sunrise, celebrate today
with this rich, bright cup of love."
Of the four teas I sampled, this was my favorite.
It was a yummy, nutty blend of black tea, honeybush tea, orange peel,
hazelnut essence, Love, Gratitude.
A nice wake me up blend, smooth, not overbearing, but the combination
of nutty and black tea was just perfect.

Deluxe Pumpkin Spice Tea
"It's a pumpkin party! Pairs well with pies and cookies,
sweaters and blankets."
 A light spicy scent and flavor, which I appreciated in a fall blend
with just a touch of pumpkin.

Sunshine in a Cup Herbal Tea
"Sometimes you need a tea that perks up poor moods
or cures a case of the blues"
The calendula flowers and hibiscus flowers made such a lovely
combination for a herbal tea.  You would need to like hibiscus
to really enjoy this tea.  Bright red when steeped.
It was good with sparkling water for a lovely
iced treat in the afternoon.

Plum Deluxe teas are blended with Love and each would be wonderful
with an English Afternoon Tea experience.

I must say Andy Hayes, the owner of Plum Deluxe, chose the right person
to taste his Oregon blends, as I live in the heart of Oregon. 
 He has a tea of the month club worth checking out

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

I never thought of tea as being particularly pretty, but the colors in the first tea really are attractive. And such lovely descriptions for each of the Plum teas. Even the words sound delicious.

Lady Prism Living said...

Everything sounds so exciting!

I am becoming more and more of a tea drinker! This week particularly was special:pomegranate..blueberry...vanilla..and rose tea...

Me'thinks I'm on my way to taking my cup quite seriously, haha!

Right now it's orange and spice herb tea I'm sipping. In my city pretty tea shops are sprouting everywhere. It's all rather grand and fun! Off no to read your link!
:D

Jeanie said...

You get much more fun mail than I do! I'll bet that smells great -- but tell me, aren't you sick of plum by now?!!!

Angela McRae said...

Yes, Andy Hayes certainly knew what he was doing when he contacted you, the perfect reviewer for teas blended in Portland! (I won't be surprised if you run into him some time and he ends up being featured on your blog!)