Friday, November 6, 2015

Fall Crunch!

 The hydrangeas have turned from blue to burgundy.
 Roses have formed hips.
 The Japanese maple soon will drop it's leaves.
 Blueberries are showing their color.
 Leaves are turning and falling.

There are two words for the season we are in, Fall and Autumn.
Each year when we arrive at this season I wonder why there are two words
when there is only one word for Spring, Summer, and Winter.
Wikipedia says they are interchangeable.
Autumn equinox is leading us to Winter,
but my own opinion says Fall is used to describe the falling leaves.
Oh the falling leaves are so beautiful.
Walking through the crunch makes me feel like a child again.
I can't wait to go walking today and hear that crunch,
see the colors, and delight in the coolness of the day.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Your photos are beautiful. Love the bird bath. Deb

Lorrie said...

Our evening walks have been full of crunch lately. The leaves in the bird bath make a beautiful photo. Enjoy!

Laura Morrigan said...

Love the rosehip! I can't remember our hydrangeas ever changing colour in Autumn!

Jeanie said...

These photos are incredibly beautiful, Marilyn. I'm loving our extended fall -- every moment seems more beautiful than the last, even the more mundane moments!

Lady Linda said...

My favorite photo is the one of the leaves in the bird bath...what a pretty card that would make. Cloudy day, huh?
Yesterday was sooo nice. Spending the gloomy day in my cottage working on my Etsy.

Rosemary said...

Taking delight in the changing colors of fall! and the crunch under my feet!