Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Christmas Tree

Sunday we ventured to the muddy tree farm,
thanks to our realtor that so graciously gives us a tree each year.
There is my tree laying on the ground.
Grandson, little D, had his first pony ride at the farm.
Yes, he enjoyed it along with reindeer antlers with jingle bells.
The tree came home with me.
It looked so tiny.
This was the first year we didn't need to cut the top off
and it fit perfectly on my little table.
The french horn at the top of the tree, a gift from my daughter.
Decorating is like walking down memory lane.
The soldier above is the first figure ornament
my "live-in gardener" and I bought in a flower shop in San Francisco
oh so many years ago.
The clothespin ballerina on my tree was made by
mom's when our daughters were taking ballet as young girls.
The vintage teapot hanging by a string of beads is from
one my favorite vintage shops.
Oh, Mr. Bear, where did I find you.
I just love the glass ornaments that have adopted us along the way.
Margaret Furlong ornaments like this seashell one holding a teapot
have graced our trees throughout the years.
And a sparkly reindeer is always welcomed here.
This year we added multi colored balls to the tree.
This white clown just sings to my vintage heart.
Anything sparkly is always a happy addition.
Sparkly crystals and silver balls, oh yes!
But my favorite is this little picture of our little D
when he was a bit younger.
A few years ago I started making these for my two sisters and a cousin,
pictures of their grandchildren.
I didn't realize what I had started and this year had 5 ornaments to make.
I think they need to stop having grandchildren, HA!
My work table this week.
Ornaments done and ready to send.

How fun to reminiscence and add to the season.
Do you sometimes make special decorations?
I hope you have time for a little play and sparkly in your lives.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, it is a glorious, magical and beautiful tree. And I loved your visit to the tree farm! D is quite at home on that pony!

I know what you mean about memory lane. Just about every ornament on my tree has a story -- a gift, a memory of a trip or special occasion. How I love to decorate it -- my favorite thing!

I don't make as many ornaments as I used to but some of my favorites are photos of Rick and the kids through the years. When we first started seeing each other he didn't have much on his tree. Well, you know who had to change that! Now his tree holds so many of our shared memories.

Rosemary said...

Your tree is so beautiful - it has an olde world charm to it and full of memories.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a wonderful start to the season! I am so impressed that you do handmade ornaments. Your tree is wonderful, and so full of the spirit of Christmas. SO nice that you came by! Merry Christmas!

Adrienne said...

I love your tree and decorations. Such sweet memories! We have ornaments that bring back memories but this year we have 'graduated' to a smaller tree so many of our ornaments aren't on the tree. Special things on our tree remind the two of us of early Christmases many years ago. I crocheted white snowflakes that are on our tree every year and we have some sparkly 'iciles' and little stars that were purchased long ago. They always seem to make our tree complete. I loved seeing Mr. D on the pony. What fun!
~Adrienne~

Danielle L Zecher said...

Your tree looks great! I think the best ornaments are the ones that have stories attached to them.