Thursday, November 30, 2017

In a World of Imagination

Recently on Netflix I watch Barbra, a new concert, where she 
sang "In a World of Imagination".
Just that phrase captured my thoughts and I took a look at
my child's heart.
What captures your child's heart with imagination?
Is it the twinkle lights of Christmas?
 Or fish flying by?
 Maybe it is a little monkey sitting there with you?
 Or being so small you can sit under one of these
to protect you from the sun and sip your tea?
 Or we could have a tea party with our teddy?
This teddy bear picnic shows up in my book, Tea with Lily.
 Or run, laugh, and share secrets with a friend?
I have even imagined dancing here with the fairies.

What does your child's heart tell you?

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, this post is totally magic! I think my child's heart is telling me to get off the computer and go make a little magic myself!

Tracy said...

What a sweet theme! Such fun images, Marilyn... And LOVE your little gnome garden in that last pic! I'm a twinkle lights, glitter & shine kind of girl--anything gold... also love mushroom fairy rings, starry nights, rainbows, misty mornings, suncatchers, light through lace curtains, bright-colored suede shoes--sadly, none at present :( faux fur collars & muffs...ooo... I could run away with this one all day! ;) haha... ((HUGS))

Red Rose Alley said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post, Marilyn. There is a bit of child in all of us; we just have to imagine. Your teddy bear reminded me of my mom. She used to love teddy bears, and when she passed away, we each got one of her bears to keep. That little fairy garden you made is delightful.

~Sheri