Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Scotty Tea


This year my goal is to thoroughly go through everything in 
my house and clean and simplify.
This past week I found a box of my children's school papers.
I love what my daughter wrote and had to share.
She received an A with a smiley face and Delightful! comment.
Now isn't that fun.
It is amazing what you find in your own house when
you deeply clean.
I even found a $100 bill and some bonds that had
been given to my son on his birth.
Whew! I will be glad when this job is done and 
I can run outside and play again.

Scotty Tea
Sing to the tune of Pop Goes the Weasle
by Jill Miller Nov.6,1985 (12 years old)

This is the best tasting tea,
that you will ever taste or see.
Scotty is the one,
that makes tea-time lots of fun!

Try us today,
were just a store away.
So if you want something out of the ordinary,
and are tired of that bland ole tea.
Spice up your life with Scotty!

Another product from Scott's family import company.

The teapot in the picture was made by my daughter
when she was fourteen years old.
The picture taken in her dollhouse.

Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

11 comments:

wisps of words said...

What an adorable teapot!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh, you too are into decluttering! You will enjoy my post today. :-)

But not my weather. -sigh- More snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanie said...

What a great find, Marilyn! That's such a cute poem and I really love her teapot!

Red Rose Alley said...

That is such a cute tea pot that your daughter made, Marilyn. I've been doing the same thing lately around here - cleaning and simplifying. Doesn't it feel good? Soon, we can go out and play hehehe.

~Sheri

Annie said...

Cash in the bonds. What nice surprise that will be for your soon.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sweet remembrances...Hugs!

Bernideen said...

What precious items and memories! I loved it - thanks for sharing!

Margie said...

What a cute teapot! Your daughter's sweet poem made me smile. Best of luck with the spring cleaning!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Wow, Marilyn, you sound like an archaeologist on a dig! Wonder what other treasures you will find! I did a great clear-out a couple years ago, and it was wonderful. I felt so much lighter - and still do. Love having empty spots in my cupboards.

Zaa said...

Hey Marilyn ... Love that little playtime poem ... ( TOO CUTE) What fabulous memorabilia you’ve found ... especially the little teapot....but, I think you need a cup of tea( Ha ha) ... down sizing is such a big job ... OMG... are you ever reapping treasures .. bonds, money , artwork, memories and in the end a decluttered space ...AH_H_H_ doesn’t that feel GOOD !!!! ..Hugs

Tracy said...

Ooohhh...How sweet is your Jill's Scotty Tea tune a teapot... You've kept lots! Maybe Jill will like to have those things now herself? Having a big clear our is a big thing... Don't forget to stop and smell the roses, and the tea. ;) ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

What a fabulous treasure you have in that adorable tea pot. Love the colors... the shape... the creativity... perfection in every way.